After you’ve created a search, click the title of any result or the VIEW FILE button to access the File Detail page.
In the upper left of the Details page you will see:
- Issue Date - This shows when the information was released.
- Issuing Authority - This shows who released the information.
- Title - Identifies the subject of the file.
- Jurisdiction Tree - Any section can be clicked to generate a new search containing the selected jurisdiction.
In the upper right of the Details page you will see:
- Save This File - Opens a modal where you can save the file to a folder.
The main section of the Details page is where you will find the File Viewer.
You can access the File Viewer features on the horizontal toolbar:
- Page Thumbnails - Shows miniature previews of the pages in a file. You can use page thumbnails to jump quickly to a selected page.
- View Document Highlights - Easily highlight information by specific terms and important keywords.
- Type your keyword(s) in the “Search this document” box.
- All the keywords in your search are now highlighted in orange within the File Viewer.
- Important Keywords within the file are highlighted in purple.
Tip: You can switch between the selected highlights from the dropdown menu next to the “Search this document” field.
On the right side of the File Viewer you can:
- Zoom In/Out - Adjusts the size of the file on your screen.
- Download File - Saves the file to your computer.
- Expand File - Shows file in full-screen mode.
ADD KEY DATES
Below the File Viewer, you will see the most relevant Key Dates associated with the result. These various dates are generated from the file or Issuing Authority website.
Scroll to Key Dates:
- View the date, label (if applicable) and date type.
- Click Add to Calendar.
- Select your calendar type (Google, Apple, Outlook, etc.) to create a calendar entry.
- Click Save.
Tip: Key Dates are very handy for tracking important, upcoming events.
You and your colleagues can also leave comments for one another.
To use the Comment feature:
- Click the Comment button on the right side of the screen.
- Type an “@” sign.
- Enter the name of your coworker, type your message and click SAVE.
- Your coworker will now be notified about your comment.